Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Holidaze

Well, in the throws of the Christmas spirit Lugh and I crafted a new version of the "12 Days of Christmas":
  • On the first day of Christmas my Lugh dog chewed for me -a lamp my best friend gave to me (very $$$)

  • On the second day of Christmas my Lugh dog chewed for me - 2 global passports (one Italian, one American), and a lamp my best friend gave to me

  • On the third day of Christmas my Lugh dog ate for me - 3 sticks of butter (ewww), 2 global passports, and a lamp my best friend gave to me

  • On the fourth day of Christmas my Lugh dog chewed for me - 4 yard umbrellas, 3 sticks of butter, 2 global passports, and a lamp my best friend gave to me

  • On the fifth day of Christmas my Lugh dog chewed for me - 5 pairs of shoes (well, ok, at least 5 pairs of shoes), 4 yard umbrellas, 3 sticks of butter, 2 global passports, and a lamp my best friend gave to me

  • On the sixth day of Christmas my Lugh dog chewed for me - 6 flower pots, 5 pairs of shoes, 4 yard umbrellas, 3 sticks of butter, 2 global passports, and a lamp my best friend gave to me

  • On the seventh day of Christmas my Lugh dog chewed for me - 7 draft proposals (thanks NSF!), 6 flower pots, 5 pairs of shoes, 4 yard umbrellas, 3 sticks of butter, 2 global passports, and a lamp my best friend gave to me

  • On the eighth day of Christmas my Lugh dog chewed for me - 8 plastic bottles (or is it 8 dozen...), 7 draft proposals, 6 flower pots, 5 pairs of shoes, 4 yard umbrellas, 3 sticks of butter, 2 global passports, and a lamp my best friend gave to me

  • On the ninth day of Christmas my Lugh dog chewed for me - 9 unpaid bills (I have no idea what they were or for how much, oh well), 8 plastic bottles, 7 draft proposals, 6 flower pots, 5 pairs of shoes, 4 yard umbrellas, 3 sticks of butter, 2 global passports, and a lamp my best friend gave to me

  • On the tenth day of Christmas my Lugh dog chewed for me - 10 bags of mulch (yup, mulch), 9 unpaid bills, 8 plastic bottles, 7 draft proposals, 6 flower pots, 5 pairs of shoes, 4 yard umbrellas, 3 sticks of butter, 2 global passports, and a lamp my best friend gave to me

  • On the eleventh day of Christmas my Lugh dog chewed for me - 11 fluffy pillows (well, OK, closer to 20), 10 bags of mulch, 9 unpaid bills, 8 plastic bottles, 7 draft proposals, 6 flower pots, 5 pairs of shoes, 4 yard umbrellas, 3 sticks of butter, 2 global passports, and a lamp my best friend gave to me

  • On the twelfth day of Christmas my Lugh dog gave to me - 12 doggy kisses (and nibbles on my nose), 11 fluffy pillows, 10 bags of mulch, 9 unpaid bills, 8 plastic bottles, 7 draft proposals, 6 flower pots, 5 pairs of shoes, 4 yard umbrellas, 3 sticks of butter, 2 global passports, and a lamp my best friend gave to me

It's always nice to land on a high note - I'm very thankful that Lugh chose to leave the shelter and come and live with me. He has "issues", but he also has a big heart (and a bigger stomach for paper, butter, plastic, cotton, etc.), and he didn't eat my couch (whew!) or my computer (oy!).

Lamps, passports, butter, umbrellas, shoes, pots, proposals, bottles, bills, mulch, and pillows are all replaceable.

So from us to you, "Happy Holidays" - give kisses and hugs to those you love.


No comments: